What gets people to read is my question today?
I am thinking of what makes me read something and I am struggling to know what. Here are some of what gets me to read:
- the intrigue that gets me looking further, the expectation that it’s going to be a SURPRISE!
- the title that gives me a question to be answered and only can be answered if I continue to read.
- the expectation of what something is going teach me
- the fear if I don’t read I will miss out on something that can help me
- the assumption that I know what something is going to include so I make an informed choice
- the lack of understanding of a title so it’s a MUST read to see if it’s really what it says on the tin (title)
- I also like a title that may hold a conspiracy theory
- lastly I choose if I think I may have an opinion of the topic, if it’s near to my passion.
These are some of the reasons I read certain things and not others. What are your reasons you read articles, posts, tweets or books?