The way in which we work I believe is going to be fundamentally different for many companies and industries. The Pandemic we are in has shown us that we need to be quick to adapt, change, progress or we will crash and burn. It’s not rocket science, it’s not political it’s just survival.
So where are you with your work, what are you doing to not crash and burn. Have you got companies that are protecting you?
I am a freelance trainer within care and finding myself with just 2 weeks work a month, using zoom and completing training within 2 care homes to ensure the staff are still provided with knowledge and skills to complete the care in a safe way. Also, to ensure that new staff (much needed) can start working. I find myself thinking about the future of being a freelance worker and how this is going to be changing in the next few years. With a slow release from lockdown (I hope) I may find myself still completing remote training for a number of months. There are definite things I need to do and develop (video skills) to ensure the training is relevant, accurate and meaningful otherwise what is the point.
Things to think about for me are:
- How do I get hold of moving and handling equipment to do my own videos (videos out on the internet are diabolical)?
- How to I utilise Zoom better (need to check out the room part of it)?
- How to ensure that the in house competency checks are meaningful?
- Can this be a way forward so that 2 or more homes can be trained all at once?
- Lastly how to market my service?
The next 2 weeks I have no work so it’s going to be working through these points.
Just a quick blog.